On a busy weeknight there’s pretty much nothing better than a one-pot (or in this case, pan) meal. That is, a one-pan meal that actually tastes delicious. This hearty combination of roasted sausages, potatoes, bell peppers, and onions certainly qualifies.
SUGAR.dispatcher.push([‘SUGAR.BeforeAfter.init’, ‘5a5d40b3438e4’, ‘horizontal’, ‘0.5’, ]);
After about 10 minutes of prep work (if that), all you need to do is stick the pan in the oven and let the oven work its magic: the sausages get snappy while the onions and bell peppers soften so much that they practically melt in your mouth, and everything – especially the potatoes – benefits from the flavorful pork fat that renders out of the sausages.
Aim to cut the vegetables and sausage chunks into roughly equal sizes; you may have to cut them into fewer or more pieces than the ingredients list suggests. Leftovers can be transformed into a hash: chop leftover sausage and veggies into small pieces and fry without oil until hot. Top with a poached or fried egg and some grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausages (or a combination of the two), cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 large (about 1 pound) onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 red and/or yellow peppers, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
- A few sprigs rosemary
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Arrange the sausages, potatoes, onion wedges, peppers, and rosemary in one layer on a half-sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, paying particular attention to the vegetables (the sausages are already seasoned); gently toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender and sausages are lightly browned, stirring once halfway through roasting.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- Serves 4